Monday 3 March 2014

Blogs I love

When I arrived in India, I arrived with a curious mind and wanted to learn as much as possible about my new country. Also because I had a lot of curious friends and family back home, I started to blog. To digest my new Indian everyday life, for my own sake and for theirs. An unexpected but wonderful bonus to my blogging has been getting connected with other bloggers, and some has meant a lot to me when it comes to exploring India, but also for their take on life in general. Perspective - is the key word for me.

Here are a few of the blogs I love:

On my quest to explore the Indian kitchen, Smitha has been a big inspiration and a (secret) mentor for me. I was attracted to her blog by the title - who doesn't want to Cook With Smile right? I love her blog because she has introduced me to various and unknown sides of the Indian cuisine. Her recipes are easy to understand, she presents them with good pictures and they are delicious. She writes in an amusing way, and very often include info on where the dish is from, the story of it, what it was used for, different versions of it etc.  

Traveling can be more than just a visit to new places. It can also be a travel within yourself. More than anyone, Arti has the ability to showcase this aspect in her wonderful blog My Yatra Diary. She travels with her body and soul, and manage to express this to the reader. I love her blog because I have discovered many travel destinations in India there (that list is sooo long now), she makes them all so tempting, but also because her words just gives me that ... extra. Food for the soul, I would like to call it..

Whenever I long for the trees, fjords and mountains of Norway, Cindi's blog, An American in Norway, is where I go. Cindi is an expat in my hometown Bergen, and I enjoy re-exploring my country through her eyes. I love her take on life, how she cherish the everyday moment and how she manage to get that feeling through to the reader. And then the perspective thing again right? I love reading about other's similar experiences, and Cindi shares her in a very captivating way...

And there are many more...Wonderful blogs that every day gives me that little extra - whether it is new wisdom, insight, inspiration, and maybe some tears or uncontrollable laughter:-) Fellow blogger friends: You make my day! May we continue to inspire each other. Happy blogging!

I am participating in a fun festival of words this week, and you can too:-) This post is written for The Write Tribe Festival Of Words. Today was about sharing info on blogs we love: Day 2, 3 March: Blog Love


43 comments:

  1. A great idea to blog as you travel. I am headed to India later this year. Love the food and looking forward to it. thank you for sharing the different blogs. Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Carol, and welcome to India:-)

      Delete
  2. My Yatra Diary is exactly what you said - Food for the soul. I'll hop over to the other two blogs soon, they sound interesting! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Aditi. Happy that you find it that way. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for following Aditi- so happy you enjoy Arti's blog also:-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You are welcome, and thanks for visiting:-)

      Delete
  4. Food, travel and a longing for home. Perfect Picks Eli. I already follow "My Yatra Diary". Will check out the other two too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will like them also. Thank you so much for your kind words:-)

      Delete
  5. Eli, thank you so much for the mention and huge compliment! I've added the other two you mention to my circle of blogs I follow, and look forward to reading them (and more of YOU) too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindi, you know I love your blog:-) So well deserved, dear:-) Hugs

      Delete
  6. oh.. Eli.. u r so sweet.. feeling so happy ( infact proud ) that a person who is a fresher when it comes to Indian cooking, loves my Blog!! thx dear u made my day.I too luv ur blog, i transfer n start visualizing each place with you reading your blog.thats the power of ur writing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Smitha, my secret mentor:-) he he - It is so well deserved dear. Keep up your wonderful work:-) Hugs

      Delete
  7. Glad you found those blogs to help keep you inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is wonderful. Thanks for visiting Shailaja:-)

      Delete
  8. This is such a huge honor for me, dear Eli! I am absolutely thrilled to read the kind words you have written for me. :) Thanks for being there with your lovely encouraging words always, they really mean a lot to me Eli. I am so happy to have connected with you, it's the same perspective thing that got me glued to your blog too, to see my city through your eyes is a totally refreshing experience for me. You infuse so much energy and life in your words and of course, the happiness. Sending across big hugs your way, hopefully our paths will also cross someday. :) And thanks again, I already know about Smitha's wonderful blog, now I should go and check out the other one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Arti - it is so well deserved:-) I am so glued to your blog too! Pls keep up your wonderful work (and pleasure) :-) I am so happy to have connected with you as well - even though it has left me with a very long Places-To-See-In-India - list:-) he he. Warm thoughts your way:-)

      Delete
  9. I've read and enjoyed Arti's blog. Smitha's sounds delicious since I'm always on the lookout for easy recipes. Would love to check out Cindi's too for a glimpse of your hometown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tulika, I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do:-) All the best

      Delete
  10. I haven't read any of this, Eli. I'm coming back to look at them later! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Corinne, hope you will enjoy them:-.) All the best

      Delete
  11. Cindi has wonderful insights on Norway. Thanks for sharing her blog and your thoughts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Michelle, happy you like Cindi's blog:-) Best to you

      Delete
  12. It was interesting to read why you like each of these blogs. Very nicely put, Eli.
    I admire your decision to live in a new country and am sure you are enjoying it. I am sure I will find your experiences interesting. Will get on to read your other posts as well. Nice meeting you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice meeting you as well Aarthy:-) And thank you so much for your kind words, I so appreciate them:-) All the best

      Delete
  13. A great list and out of these I have read Arti off and on..

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richa, happy you like the list:-)

      Delete
  14. Interesting read. Nice to know that you travel a lot in India. I am sure your blogs will connect you well with your friends far away; they might be tempted to join you in India. Good times!
    -Aekaanthan ( I blog mostly in Tamil and occasionally in English too for guys like you!(mostly small verses..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting, and for your very kind words:-) All the best

      Delete
  15. Both blogs look wonderful!
    The cooking blog is as you said simply lovely!!

    And I love travel blogs.. they help me in traveling in my mind to all those exotic places I haven't visited yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you like it:-) Thank you for your very kind words:-)

      Delete
  16. All the 3 blogs you mentioned are new to me. Must visit them soon and add fab recipes and travel tips in my reading list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do Shilpa:-) I hope you will like them as much as I do:-)

      Delete
  17. I have to read these blogs, new to me. That's the beauty of this challenge, bringing us in contact with some amazing blogs and bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more - great challenge. I am sure you will like them Sulekkha. All the best

      Delete
  18. I hv visities Yatra on n off. Your post made me revisit an d see they have a contest ongoing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely list. I've started reading you when someone shared your blog on G+ and u doing an amazing work. Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! It means a lot. Happy to see you here , will check out your blog now. All the best

      Delete
  20. Smitha is my friend too and i love her recipes... I can imagine the happiness she must have felt when she saw such beautiful words for her blog from you.. You are really a kind soul, Eli! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awee- thank you so much for your kind words Mitha:-) Hugs to you

      Delete

Dear reader, I love comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one:-)