Monday 20 October 2014

What's cooking? - Top 3 recipes

- You don't cook anymore? My friend, the one with the never-ending-confronting-questions, looks at me, expecting an answer. - What do you mean, I say, of course I cook. Why? Hm. Offended or not, of course I cook, right. What on earth?

- Well, you don't post any exciting recipes on your blog anymore, she replies. - You don't put any recipes, actually. Why? I miss them.

Aaaaww. She is right, I realize. Not a lot of recipes lately.

And then, with my friend's words on my mind, I go to check out my present blog recipes. And I had to giggle as I discovered some surprising facts about my recipe collection:

My all time most read blog post is a recipe post: Expat Epidorpio with a shocking 4 times as many readers as the second most read post. This recipe is most popular with readers in Russia, France and US.

My second most read recipe post is the one on Tzatziki and Raita. That is also the fifth most read post of all times. And I discovered that this was most popular with readers from USA, India and Germany.


My third most read recipe post is the one on Pita, Spring Rolls and Samosa. Yet another global recipe, where you can mix and adjust - and make your own version. This post had most readers from India, USA and Singapore.


Conclusion
So, my little research showed me that all the Top 3 recipes are global flexible recipes - meaning that you, with the same basic ingredients, can make a version - after your own choice - whether you prefer an Indian version, an Asian version, a European version or your very own special version...

Isn't that great? I like to discover new dishes, and I enjoy to experiment with ingredients, and I ust love to taste and eat all kinds of food - wherever I am. And I try to adjust - wherever I live.

But. Ok ok. I will not rest on my glorious recipe past forever. Oh no. I will experiment more and I will let myself be inspired. Thinking of which, I will head off to some of my favorite food bloggers now- that's often where I end up in my search for new culinary ideas. Hm, I think I might make another post on my top favorite food bloggers, my source of inspiration.

So, what do you do, dear reader? What's cooking in your kitchen right now? And where do you find inspiration for new culinary adventures? Any favorite food bloggers? Please share.


22 comments:

  1. Oh I absolutely abhor cooking Eli...I just don't like cooking..I do it every day with a frown! But I'm game for eating, sampling all kinds of cuisines ..Love to eat!

    Random Thoughts Naba..A Monday Morning Brawl...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too. Happy to see you here Naba, thanks for sharing.Hugs

      Delete
  2. woww you sure can cook a storm :D they all look so delicous :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to cook and subscribe to several email newsletters that provide recipes. Those are usually the ones that I end up trying and if they are good, they go into my notebook of favorite recipes that get on a constant rotation at my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan, Kathy. Fun to try out new stuff for sure. Thanks for sharing. Hugs your way

      Delete
  4. hehe! Some yummy stuffs on the table and wanna have them all, Eli:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thats great. So happy you liked, and glad to see you here.

      Delete
  5. As you rightly noted, the unique blend of different cuisines is what would attract readers to it. I know I was very intrigued to read tzatziki and raita as well as pita and samosas :D
    Definitely keep innovating and posting here.. trust me. Foodaholics like me will always come running :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Roshan for kind and encouraging words, I so appreciate it. Will do! All the best to you

      Delete
  6. Aah, these do sound like some delicious recipes. I have checked them out quickly but will come back to them a bit later, especially the samosa one. The fusion food is so fun! These days we have been enjoying doing different things with pita bread (bought readymade from an organic restaurant). Like a couple of days ago, my husband made grilled cheese pita rolls, quite yummy. Enjoyed them with some hot green tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing dear Beloo, and for your very kind words. Mmm, pita rolls sounds yum! Hugs your way

      Delete
  7. You have got me hooked on Samosa, Eli. I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What colourful recipes you've whipped up Eli. Yes fusion is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting... it seems food connects with all.... looking forward to see some more mouth watering dishes to try.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Prasad, happy to see you here... will try.. he he

      Delete
  10. Dearest Eli,
    We had a simple supper as my husband did the cooking. A mixed green salad and an omelette with yellow bell pepper and big onion, but made with )% cholesterol egg beaters. Greek yogurt with strawberries and Chia seeds and done. Better also than the 6 hospital suppers I ate...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mariette. Thanks for sharing, that sounds so yum though! Hope you are recovering well dear friend. All the best to you

      Delete
  11. The samosas look great as do the other two plates. Yummy. Everyone can relate to food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats true. Thank you so much Rhonda, happy to see you here. Al the best

      Delete

Dear reader, I love comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one:-)