Saturday 9 November 2013

- Have you done your time-in today?

When something bad happens - we often say: - Oh no, why did this happen to me? Why me? I am so unlucky! BUT when something good happens we do not say the same, do we? Like - Oh, why did this good thing happen to me? Me of all people? Hm.. so why do we cling to the negative? Like when someone is saying 9 positive things to us - and 1 negative. What do we remember? The negative one, eh?

Going home from my meditation group today - these were thoughts going through my mind. I admit it: I am addicted! Just like I brush my teeth and take my shower every day, India has taught me how to make a habit of cleaning my mind as well. A kind of time out. A time to go through thoughts and emotions. Maybe it is more of a time-in - a time to go in to my mind, to clean up a bit..To let go of negative thoughts from the past and to let go of worries for the future. To just be. Here and now. In the moment.

For me it has been an interesting experience, and today, walking there with a goofy smile on my face, in my very own post-meditation bubble, a feeling of wellness overwhelmed me. Just the thought of a green tree, an orange flower and the blue sea- made me smile. (no eye-rolling please..:-) )No one could disturb my harmonic state of mind today ( believe me - there were some good attempts ..) - maybe also because it kind of traveled of - of to:

The BLUE ocean of Greece... Is there anything more peaceful than sitting watching the sea? I closed my eyes today, and there I was- listening to the waves, feeling the sea breeze, just being there:

The vibrant ORANGE color of India: on gorgeous flowers, vibrant garlands, spicy spices, saris... I think orange is the most colorful color I know - if you get what I mean.. I can feel my energy rising to an uncontrollable level, just by closing my eyes and thinking about orange!

The GREEN hills of Norway. The vibrant sign of fresh air, nature coming back to life again in the spring time. When I close my eyes, I can feel the calmness that the clean air from the green hillsides brings along.  

Now, the time-in being the time-in - can be done anywhere of course, but I can't help smiling by the thought of the perfect location.. Doesn't it sound great to be on a green hillside overlooking the sea - doing your meditation while an orange sunset (or sunrise - if you are a morning bird) emerge in front of you? Well, close your eyes- and there you are..

A day on the more spiritual side today, dear reader. I hope you have had a good one too. I wish you a wonderful weekend:-) And - enjoy your moments:-)


10 comments:

  1. You're right - orange seems to be the colour of India :-) I had never noticed it before !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that color:-) So vibrant and full of life in a way:-) Thanks for following Jeena - have a wonderful weekend:-)

      Delete
  2. wow! the ocean is so blue and beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so wonderful:-) Best to you Jahid:-)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful set of images. I love that scenic ocean area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rajesh. Yes, the blue sea in Greece is something else..:-) Best to you:-)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pics....yes, I agree it is so important to clear the mind....so so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Alexandra:-) Couldn't agree more:-) So happy you are following!

      Delete

Dear reader, I love comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one:-)